|moonvoice (moonvoice) wrote,|
@ 2013-12-31 05:02 pm UTC
|Entry tags:||life - memey goodness|
1. I am happy for people to subscribe, especially for artwork and stuff.
2. I don't always grant access straight away. It's mostly because of my energy levels. :) If I drop you, it may be for a variety of reasons, sometimes it might just be a drifting in our compatibility. You're always welcome to stay for art updates, or whatever you like.
3. I feel strongly about trigger warnings and cutting things for sensitive content (which is a swing from how I used to feel, but hey, people change). I will try and catch a lot of things here under cuts (or filters), everything from health stuff to abuse stuff and so forth. I have endeavoured to make this a safe space.
7 things you should know about me, if you are considering reading / friending this journal
1. I am an Artist, Photographer, Writer, Singer, Musician, etc. etc. etc.
2. I'm not well. I mean really, I'm not well. I have GERD, IBS-D type, Sjogren's, intermittent allergic and stress-based eczema, DID, PTSD, aphephobia (touch phobia) and all things that basically mean that I live on a Disability Pension.
3. I'm a pro-choice omnivore, genderfluid, Childfree, asexual/grace panromantic or possibly questioning. Please don't tell me that my choices are wrong. Debate is one thing. Projecting superiority onto my personal choices is not something I invite here.
4. I believe in some weird stuff. - Firstly, because I have mental disorders. But secondly, I'm an animist. I'm 'kin and an animal person. 'm a long-term shamanist (traditional Russian practices, I'm actually technically a milti Oraima, but no one understands what that means) with a brief background in Wicca and paganism in general. I'm a hard polytheist. Gods - to me - are individual, totally fallible, not omnipotent or omniscient and they make mistakes too.
5. I hate workaholicism and I am a workaholic. I'm meant to be recovering from abuse and a bunch of other stuff, and in lieu of that, I have to learn how to really rest meaningfully for the first time pretty much ever. I call that 'Project Snail.' (To be zen like snail, you see). I'm not very good at it, but I do like it.
6. I have a life outside of Dreamwidth. I live with Glen and our two cats Maybe and Moet. I like bushwalking and kicking a
7. I like media. A lot. John Fiske is one of my personal heroes. Rod Giblett changed my life. If you easily dismiss whole schools of research and think TV (and pop culture) destroys the brain, is stupid, and people shouldn't ever watch it; you're probably not gonna like me very much! I've got a BA Comm and have commenced my Masters.